Problogger has a great article today about ways that a small business could take advantage of the simplicity, ubiquity, and ease of use of Twitter.
A few examples that he wraps up with:
- Personal Trainers - monitoring diet and exercise
- Dietitians - monitoring meals
- Doctors - monitoring symptoms, medication, diet etc
- Accountants - monitoring expenditure (actually I should set my wife up with this….)
- Interior Designers - take a picture and Twitpic it every time you see a color, picture, style you like
His post recounts a meeting he (Problogger Darren Rowse) had with his acupuncturist...the end result being that his acupuncturist remembered some symptoms Darren had experienced because he'd seen it on Twitter!
We'll see more and more examples like these as the obvious benefits of Social Media for small business become even more apparent...even those twitter posts that are seemingly about "nothing"....are still data from which meaning can be gleaned.
The whole article is here:
How I’d Use Twitter if I Were an Acupuncturist